[Samba] Samba w/Winbind HA cluster

Paul Gienger pgienger at ae-solutions.com
Thu Jul 1 13:38:52 GMT 2004

alaslavic at havertys.com wrote:

>We are planning to build an HA cluster of samba servers, using winbind to
>authenticate against an Active Directory domain.  The problem I see with
>this, is that the Winbind uid mappings will not necessarily be the same on
>both nodes in the HA cluster.  Does anyone have any suggestions on how to
>get the winbind uid and gid mappings to match on 2 separate servers?

Use an LDAP database to store your idmap backend, that's exactly what
they created this particular backend for.  There's a few posts over this
topic covering some parts of setup and various people's issues with it.

--
Paul Gienger                     Office:		701-281-1884
Applied Engineering Inc.         Cell:			701-306-6254