[Samba] Can't print from windows client to samba shared printer

deb_milist deb_milist at yahoo.com.sg
Thu Jul 1 12:52:04 GMT 2004

Hi all .....
I tried to connect my windows box to my PDC which is Debian Linux based
with Samba 3.0.4.
I've got windows-cups driver ( cups-samba-5.0rc3 ) came from
linuxprinting.org installed.
What I did :

- host:#cupsaddsmb -H host -U root printername
- connect to the shared printer via a fully updated winxp box, and it's
successfully installed
- I checked it out on printers and faxes control panel and there's the
shared printer with ready status.
- tried to print a test page into the shared printer
I've got error message said :
" Test page failed to print. Would you ......bla..bla..bla..."

I've got  these files on my /usr/share/cups/driver ( which I guess came
from the cups-samba-5.0rc3 installation ) :
 -rwxr--r--    root root    cups5.hlp
 -rwxr--r--    root root    cupsdrv5.dll
 -rwxr--r--    root root    cupsui5.dll
 -rwxr--r--    root root    printer.ppd

my printer section on /etc/samba/smb.conf :

[printers]
    comment = Sharing printer
    path = /var/spool/samba
    create mask = 0700