[Samba] Querying users(w2k) from Samba PDC

Mårtensson Roger Roger.Martensson at mh.se
Thu Jul 1 11:49:16 GMT 2004

Hi!

I've set up a Samba PDC(3.0.4+LDAP) and attached a W2k client to it.

I've created users and group. I can log on to the W2k client.

Now to my problem:

I wanted to add a user to the local filesystem(for testing). So I opened up the Security Tab and listed my domain.
Lo and behold. No users. That strange I thought and added the user manually and hit the Check button. It worked ofcourse.

So I added a couple of groups and redid the actions above. Still no users in the list but my newly added groups was visible.

What am I doing wrong?

Can anyone give a hint or two on where I should go?

Mvh,
Roger Martensson            E-Mail:  Roger.Martensson at mh.se
Work: +46-(0)63-16 54 45    Cell: +46-(0)70-629 54 45
MSN: Roger.Martensson at mh.se NetMeeting: Intranet only
And dont forget: Magister Mundi Sum