[Samba] Permissions and authorities

Glenn Robinson glenn at flying-fields.co.uk
Fri Jan 30 10:59:33 GMT 2004

Le ven 30/01/2004 à 11:37, Glenn Robinson a écrit :

> I was expecting that any new documents created would have the same user
and
> owner as the directory within which they are being created.

Nope, they are created with the identity of the user on the box,
fe. uid = dmorel
gid = users

you can map users to different identities, but you'd probably rather not
to if you're starting. What your story suggests is you mapped your users
to the root account which is quite bad. Describe your setup a little
more.

> What am I doing wrong here?

Probably not reading the manual thoroughly enough :-)

D.Morel
david.morel at amakuru.net
OpenPGP public key: http://www.amakuru.net/dmorel.asc
28192ef126bc871757cb7d97f4a44536