[Samba] Samba and Windows 2003

Christian Svensson issen007 at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 29 09:42:12 GMT 2004

Hi Everyone!
I try to get my Linux Red Hat 9 to connect to our Windows 2003 Domain.
But somehow it´s does not works at all.
I can reach our Windows 2000 domain without any problem.

When I try to connect to my Windows 2003 domain I got a error when I run
command :
smbmount //win2003/share /mnt/2003/ -o
username=admininistrator,password=MYPASS,ip=192.168.0.210

Error :
cli_negprot: SMB signing is mandatory and we have disabled it.
51: protocal negotiation failed
SMB connection failed

Before you answer my question you should know that my linux box is very
specail.
I got a lite version of Red Hat 9. That means I got a RH9 kernal and minimum
of program.
The only thing I use my linux is to download some settings files so I can
recovery my Windows box.

Basic fact :
Client Box : IBM NetVista M42
Client NetBios : IBM2003
Kernal : RH9, 2.4.20-8
NIC : Intel e100
Server Box : IBM eServer 440, VMWare ESX 2.1
Server OS : Windows 2003 Enterprise Edtion
Server NetBios : Win2003
Smb.Conf :
---------------------
[global]
  workgroup = CBMR
  guest account = root
  log file =  /var/log/samba/%m.log
  log level = 1
  security = user
[cbmr]
  path = /
  guest ok = yes
  read only = no
  public = yes
  browseable = yes
  writable = yes
--------------------

I have download CIFS also and made it as a module and also complie the
mount.cifs software for my kernal.
But I can´t still connect my share on my Windows 2003 Server.
When I try mount.cifs I got

Error :
Mount error: could not find target server. TCP name win2003/share not found
rc = -1073750312
Mount error 22 = invalid argument
Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e-g- man mount.cifs)

Command I use is
mount.cifs //win2003/share /mnt/2003/ -o
username=administrator,password=MYPASS,ip=192.168.0.210

Any ideas why I can´t reach my Win 2k3 server?

Best Regard
Christian Svensson