[Samba] Samba / CUPS / Drivers

Anders Norrbring anders at norrbring.biz
Wed Jan 28 20:25:01 GMT 2004

> > of what I
> > drivers for all

> > system, and one

> > > from
> > by download
> > > when

> > > Hi Anders,
> > >
> > > You want to run 2 different printers with samba/cups.
> > >
> > > 1 raw printer, and one PS printer.
> > >
> > > This is possible.
> > >
> > > I'd recommend upgrading CUPS though - 1.2 is quite old.
> > >
> > > Chris
> >
> > Thanks Chris, but CUPS v1.2 is pulled from CVS today, and not
> > at all old..
> > :)
>
> Oops - Read that as 1.1.2 :)
>
> Create a share in samba like this:
>
> [print$]
>         comment = Printer Drivers
>         path = /home/samba/drivers
>         browseable = yes
>         guest ok = no
>         read only = yes
>         write list = user
>
> Make sure that the user in write list is also listed in the printer admin
> section within the [printers] share.
>
> These instructions are for samba 3 - but the basis is the same for
> uploading:
>
> http://samba.mirror.ac.uk/samba/docs/man/CUPS-printing.html#id2933866
>
> HTH
>
> Chris

Thanks again Chris,  but it isn't of much help I'm afraid.  No matter how I
try, I can't get those Windows drivers in place on the Linux server.  All
that's there are the CUPS drivers, and they do download correctly.

My client is a Windows XP Pro SP1, and nowhere in there I can manage to
upload drivers for a printer to the Linux server..

Anders Norrbring