[Samba] feedback on 3.0.2rc1

William Jojo jojowil at hvcc.edu
Wed Jan 28 18:03:21 GMT 2004

Hello all!

Just wanted to report no showstoppers on AIX5.2. I'm running the 64-bit
kernel with 3.0.2rc1 as a 32-bit app.

The only thing I had a problem with was libiconv. All my issues were
resolved if I:

unset LIBPATH
env CC=cc ./configure --prefix=/samba/3.0.2 --with-libiconv=/usr/local

everything ran fine. I had to unset LIBPATH because the configure script
would be guided to the /usr/local/lib/libiconv.a, but when searching for
libraries the executable for "conftest" would fail with LIB errors and
caused warnings about insufficient support. I'm using libiconv 1.9.1
without any problems.

Just thought you'd like to know...and for anyone else tripping around AIX.

Bill