[Samba] SAMBA + ACLS +XFS PROBLEMS !!

ricardo silva ricardo_pto at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 28 17:05:26 GMT 2004

Hello you all,

I am trying to set up a samba server with nt acl
suport and i am having many troubles, help will be
very apreciated.

1 - Is it possible to use acls only with the local
users, no domains, no active directory, no winbind
resolver (i just wanna work with users and groups that
exist in this machine) ?

2 - I couldn't put samba to work, like i wanted
(question 1), so i follow a tutorial that uses pdc,
and winbind, available at
(http://c.mills.ctru.auckland.ac.nz/Samba/XfsAclWinAuth.html)
I can't go fowarder the net join command, i receive a
error message:

2004/01/28 16:23:24, 0]
rpc_client/cli_netlogon.c:cli_nt_setup_creds(249)
  cli_nt_setup_creds: request challenge failed
Password:
[2004/01/28 16:23:26, 0]
rpc_client/cli_netlogon.c:cli_nt_setup_creds(249)
  cli_nt_setup_creds: request challenge failed
[2004/01/28 16:23:26, 0]
utils/net_rpc_join.c:net_rpc_join_newstyle(326)
  Error domain join verification (reused connection):
NT_STATUS_INVALID_COMPUTER_NAME

I have sure, that the machine is well configured in
the pdc that runs windows 2000.
In the tutorial the author uses a setfacl command
like,
setfacl -m g:MYDOMAIN\\MYDOMAIN:rwx /var/net.
My setfacl does not accept the \\, is this normal
because i haven the winbind resolver working ?.

Could somebody help please !?
I am running slackware 9.1  + xfs  + samba the last
3.x release.

tanks in advance