[Samba] Winbind not listing users/groups

mkiai mkiai at nse.co.ke
Wed Jan 28 09:36:05 GMT 2004

Hello:

I have configured Samba on Solaris 9 operating environment. I have
successfully joined a Windows 2000 AD domain with winbind. However, when I
run:

wbinfo -u..I get
DOMAIN\root

wbinfo - n user..I get SID

wbinfo -g..I get
Error looking up domain groups

wbinfo -t..I get
checking the trust secret via RPC calls succeeded

Why can't I list the users and groups?Thanks.

Mike Kiai.

This message  (including any attachments) is confidential and may be privileged. [It is intended solely for the use of the addressee and others authorized to receive it.] If you have received it by mistake please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete this message from your system. Any unauthorized use or dissemination of this message in whole or in part is strictly prohibited. Please note that e-mails are susceptible to change.
NAIROBI STOCK EXCHANGE LTD. shall not be liable for the improper or incomplete transmission of the information contained in this communication nor for any delay in its receipt or damage to your system. NAIROBI STOCK EXCHANGE LTD. does not guarantee that the integrity   of  this  communication has  been  maintained  nor  that  this communication is free of viruses, interceptions or interference.

Nairobi Stock Exchange Ltd
P.o. Box 43633 Tel.230692
Nation Centre 1st Floor
Kimathi Street Nairobi