[Samba] Domain Member Server won't work.

Collen Blijenberg (MLHJ) collen at hermanjordan.nl
Wed Jan 28 08:45:56 GMT 2004

Did you make or sync-ed the linux user-account's to the member server aswell ??
(you could use rdist/rsync - nis or winbind ??)

your domain member server only use your domain to verify the passwords of
users..
not the posix/linux accounts..
so it's nessesary to have the users + groups in you domain member server
aswell.
i use rdist to sync my linux user data base, but i gues you could use
nis or winbind as well.. (not sure...)

l8r

Collen

At 17:35 27/01/2004, you wrote:
>Here are the configs of my PDC. (Ip: 192.168.10.2)
>
>         workgroup = COREDIUM
>         netbios name = IMBRIUM
>         server string = Samba Server Imbrium
>         encrypt passwords = Yes