[Samba] Samba compile with ldap support

S D sh302 at lycos.com
Wed Jan 28 01:12:06 GMT 2004

Hello,
I am compiling samba_3.0.0 with OpenLdap and Kerberos5
support on a Solaris9 machine. The compiler can't
find the "libldap".

# export LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/lib -R/usr/local/lib"
# export CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/local/include"
# export CFLAGS="-I/usr/local/include"

# ./configure --with-krb5=/usr/local \
  --with-ldap=/usr/local --with-ads
checking for LDAP support... auto
checking ldap.h usability... yes
checking ldap.h presence... yes
checking for ldap.h... yes
checking lber.h usability... yes
checking lber.h presence... yes
checking for lber.h... yes
checking for ber_scanf in -llber... yes
checking for ldap_init in -lldap... no
checking for ldap_domain2hostlist... no
checking for ldap_set_rebind_proc... no
checking whether ldap_set_rebind_proc takes 3 arguments... 3
checking for ldap_initialize... no
configure: WARNING: libldap is needed for LDAP support
checking for Active Directory and krb5 support... yes
configure: error: Active Directory Support requires LDAP support

Thanks
Shane