[Samba] Samba 3.0.2 and Windows 2003 ADS.

Christian Arguello carguello at novadevices.com
Tue Jan 27 21:34:00 GMT 2004

Hi.

Giuseppe

Ok, when i login in Windows 2000 as Administrador of the machine (not as
a member of the Windows 2k domain) everything works fine, if i use the
command "net use * \\server\share", this command works ok, and also if I
use "smbclient //windows2000/share" command to see my shared folders in
windows 2000 it works fine. But if I login in the PC as a user of the
Windows 2k domain, I can not use that command, but I still can see the
Windows2000 and its shared folders from my Linux using the command
smbclient //windows2000/share -k, and I also notice that in this case if
I use the IP address of the Windows 2000 PC instead of its Netbios name,
it works fine, I mean that if i use this command "net use *
\\<IP_Address>\share" instead of  \\<Netbios_name>\share" it works.

What is the problem?? It seems that is a problem of protocols or
something like that...

Regards