[Samba] Strange Samba Behavior....

Tait Shrum tshrum at bryantschools.org
Tue Jan 27 16:21:14 GMT 2004

We have a user at one of our remote sites that is not getting an H:
drive.  This is a problem that we've normally been able to resolve.  In
this instance, when looking at the logs - there are no errors or even no
mention of the user attempting to connect to her home directory.  Samba
does record, however, her connection to her apps drive and other
miscellaneous drives.  Samba is at version3.0.2pre1-1. We automatically
rectified any permissions issues, but that didn't solve anything.  We
deleted the user and added her back.  No go.  We even removed her home
directory and and let the server recreate the directory when her account
was added back.  That didn't fix the problem.  At the moment, she is
able to login with another username and everyone else at this school has
a home directory. But, we want her to be able to login with her "real"
username.  This problem has existed since we upgraded to Samba 3.0
beta.Can anyone help decipher what's going wrong here?

[global]
        workgroup = SES
        netbios name = SESSAMBA
        server string = Salem Samba File Server
        encrypt passwords = Yes
        passwd chat debug = Yes
        security = user
        log level = 2
        password level = 4
        syslog = 2
        log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
        max log size = 50
        debug hires timestamp = Yes
        debug pid = Yes
        debug uid = Yes
        time server = Yes
        logon script = logon.bat
        domain logons = Yes
        preferred master = Yes
        domain master = Yes
        dns proxy = No
        wins support = Yes
        read only = No
        short preserve case = No
        logon home = \\ses\profile
        logon path = \\ses\profile
        printcap name = cups
        printing = cups
        load printers = Yes
        unix password sync = no
        ldap passwd sync = yes
        passwd program = /usr/local/sbin/smbldap-passwd -o %u
        passwd chat = *new*password* %n\n *Re-enter*new*password* %n\n
*password*changed*
        add machine script =  /usr/local/sbin/smbldap-useradd -w %u
        utmp = yes
        pam password change = no
        null passwords = yes
        oplocks = no
        level2 oplocks = no
        blocking locks = no
        veto files
=/*.scr/sample.exe/httpodbc.dll/csrss.exe/*.eml/*.nws/riched20.dll/*.{*}
        oplock break wait time = 30
        interfaces = eth0
        ldap ssl = no
        ldap admin dn = cn=Manager,dc=bryantschools,dc=org
        ldap suffix = dc=bryantschools,dc=org
        ldap user suffix = ou=Users
        passdb  backend  =  ldapsam:"ldap://localhost"
        ldap machine suffix = ou=Computers
        ldap user suffix = ou=Users
       os level = 64

#include = /etc/samba/smblpr.conf