[Samba] Samba & Windows 2000

David Hairston dhairsto at cis.famu.edu
Tue Jan 27 01:09:02 GMT 2004

Dear Sirs,

I am running Samba 2.28 on a Sun/Solaris 9 Server.  I have configured Samba
to act as a PDC. I manually added the machine names in the Samba-users
password file.  I can connect with Windows NT 4.0 workstations into the
Samba domain, but when attempting to connect with Windows 2000, it keeps
asking for user and password information to add the workstation into the
domain.  If I just map a drive with the Windows 2000 - everything works
fine.

How can I configure Samba to either respond to the 2000 add-to-domain
request or have the 2000 workstation stop asking to add the pc to the domain
and act like NT4.0.

Thanks

David Hairston
CIS Department