[Samba] problems with samba 2.2.7 installed on Tru64 with OS 5.1

Mihut, Donna dona.mihut at hp.com
Tue Jan 27 00:39:03 GMT 2004

Hi,

I have installed samba (v.2.7) on a Tru64 server (OS 5.1) and the file transfer is about 6 time slower that on another server with OS 4.0 and using samba 2.2.1a.

I have checked all network possible issues (the swith port are on both servers configured for 100M/Full duplex and showing no errors to suggest a network issue). I did run some fpt test and found no problem; the transfer is quite fast and similar with the ftp transfer range on the other servers.

It seems the network performance issue are occurring only when utilising Samba. Does anyone know if there is any problem with samba 2.2.7 installed on Tru64 (5.1)? Shall I install another samba version? If this is the case can anyone, please, advise which version is best to install?

Thanks and regards,
Dona Mihut
HP, Managed Services, Asia Pacific