[Samba] Samba and Window XP write performance

Greg Folkert greg at gregfolkert.net
Mon Jan 26 21:57:58 GMT 2004

On Mon, 2004-01-26 at 16:41, Gustavo Rincon wrote:
>  did some testing using samba-3.0.0 as a server and two identical clients
> one Running W2K and other running Win XP pro.
> If I write a big file using the W2K client, I'm getting about 25 Mbytes/sec
> but if I run the same testing using the Win XP Pro, this
> client only is able to get 12.5 Mbytes/sec.  (The Server, clients are using
> 1000 Gbits NICs)
>
> There is a problem between XP and samba?
You could have just answered my Questions. And therefore I would have
responded to that as well.

Here are some of the relevant messages:

http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2003-December/076229.html
http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2003-December/077030.html

I believe you might want to do your own searching instead assuming
someone will do it for you.

greg at gregfolkert.net