[Samba] 2.2.8a mount-dir vanishes if windows-permissions are one-person only

Jan Schenk jan.schenk at weltderwunder.de
Mon Jan 26 16:33:04 GMT 2004

Hi all,
I'm new to this list, so please apologize for any inconveniences =)

I just tried out to mount a windows-share which has permissions in a domain with Active-Directory for only one specific user. all others are not permitted to read, write or do anything else.
using the command

mount -t smbfs -o username=john.doe //wowbagger/windows_share /mnt/shares

gives me no error message, accessing the mount-dir

cd /mnt/shares

works ok, but now

ls -la

errors out with

ls: shares: Permission denied

also ls -la'ing /mnt does not show the shares directory anymore.
Now when I change the Permissions for the windows-share back to world-accessable, everything works as normal.

Is that a known bug?

Greetz,
and thanks
jan