[Samba] Setting printer properties with prnadmin.dll (W2k Resource Kit)

Stefan Klein stefan.klein at materna.de
Mon Jan 26 13:14:33 GMT 2004

Hi,

we are trying to set printer properties with the prnadmin.dll from the
windows 2000 resource kit.

The printers are shared by a samba 2.2.8a, spoolingsystem is Cups. We are
using the windows drivers to process the job, the queues are set as
raw-queues on cups.

For some models[1] setting the properties via a dumped file works without
any
Problems.

For some other printermodels[2] it doesn't work, the properties are not
saved
on the samba-server. If we set the propertiess once by hand the script works
and samba is storing the properties from the dumped file correctly.

Any ideas where to look at to get it work with every model?

1: Lexmark Optra S1855 and T614
2: HP Laserjet 4100 and HP Laserjet 4050

regards,
--
Stefan Klein, Systems Engineer

MATERNA GmbH Information & Communications
Theodor-Heuss-Str. 59, 61118 Bad Vilbel, Germany
phone: +49 6101 806 0       |   fax: +49 6101 806 590
mobile: +49 160 12 108 338  |   Stefan.Klein at materna.de