[Samba] Weird problem with ADS support - Samba 3.0.1 - win2k3

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at backtobasicsmgmt.com
Mon Jan 26 02:49:03 GMT 2004

Ron Gage wrote:

> Ok, this one has me stumped...
>
> I am implementing 3.0.1 on a new machine - Slackware 9 based.

Stop right there :-)

I suspect if you open Windows Explorer on your W2K3 machine and put the
IP address of your Samba host in, it will open right up. If so, this is
a problem that is fixed in the pending 3.0.2 release, so you should try
upgrading (even though it has not been officially released yet). If you
can't do that, you'll have to back to 3.0.0, but that has other problems
to deal with.