[Samba] Re: Remote Citrix Auth Pass-Through ...

C.Lee Taylor leet at leenx.co.za
Sat Jan 24 13:44:39 GMT 2004

Greetings ...

    Thanks for you reply Andrew, I think I will try and explain again
what I am trying to do, maybe I am just going at this the wrong way ...

>I'm not sure what you mean here.

    We have two applications which will be distributed by Citrix.  I
would like to have one username and password for all the services ...
Single-Sign-On. Windows2003 has been chosen for our AD.  We have a few
remote sites with Linux file/print servers.

    Now if we use winbind, we can't setup the Linux servers as PDC.
That is a limitation of winbind, and with out the Samba servers running
as PDC's I can't get the local workstations as the remote sites to
process login scripts.

    I could give up on the idea of remote sites local workstations
automaticly processing login scripts, because that is the only real
thing I am looking for.  I could manually add login scripts to all the
workstations, or I could work out something with trusts.

    I have been trying setuping up a trust both ways between AD and
Samba, but TS will not let any of my users login from Samba.

    Throwing in my coin to the wishing well, I wish that Samba could do
the domain stuff with AD, but I think that is still a little way off ...

Thanks
Mailed
Lee