[Samba] Samba3.0.1 - can't join new XP Pro pc to domain]

mrosamba at eastgranby.k12.ct.us mrosamba at eastgranby.k12.ct.us
Fri Jan 23 20:10:34 GMT 2004

When adding machines to a Samba-2.2 controlled domain, the ‘add user
script’ was
used to create the UNIX identity of the Machine Trust Account. Samba-3
introduces
a new ‘add machine script’ that must be specified for this purpose.
Samba-3 will not
fall back to using the ‘add user script’ in the absence of an ‘add
machine script’.