[Samba] Samba Winbind and LDAP backend

ww m-pubsyssamba pubsyssamba at bbc.co.uk
Fri Jan 23 16:08:43 GMT 2004

Firstly, no you definitely don't need to setup LDAP native client in Solaris, SAMBA/winbind does all the LDAP reads for Solaris and Solaris talks direct to winbind. I've had this work with solaris 8 now, have you verified that the idmap data is written into the idmap ou specified in smb.conf (probably not necessary for winbind authentication but since you raised the question)? Most important have you updated the pam.conf as detailed in SAMBA-HowTo-collection guide (more or less accurate for Solaris 9)? Does getent list your AD domain users? this needs to work for winbind authentication,

	thanks Andy.