[Samba] INTERNAL ERROR: Signal 10 in pid 7448 (3.0.0rc2)

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Jan 22 22:32:56 GMT 2004

On Thu, 2004-01-22 at 19:51, Jokke Heikkilä wrote:
> This morning I got two users come down to me saying their word doc was
> lost. Apparently they tried to save their docs to their home folder
> which is on samba share. XP had given an error along the lines 'Network
> connection to network drive is lost and word is unable to save the
> document' and then Word crashed. I went to smb logs and found this.
>
> [2004/01/22 10:03:11, 0]
> /SourceCache/samba/samba-48/samba/source/lib/fault.c:fault_report(36)
>    ===============================================================
> [2004/01/22 10:03:11, 0]
> /SourceCache/samba/samba-48/samba/source/lib/fault.c:fault_report(37)
>    INTERNAL ERROR: Signal 10 in pid 7448 (3.0.0rc2)
>    Please read the appendix Bugs of the Samba HOWTO collection
> [2004/01/22 10:03:11, 0]
> /SourceCache/samba/samba-48/samba/source/lib/fault.c:fault_report(39)
>    ===============================================================
> [2004/01/22 10:03:11, 0]
> /SourceCache/samba/samba-48/samba/source/lib/util.c:smb_panic(1462)
>    PANIC: internal error
>

> I tried to find something from Samba HOWTO pdf but couldn't. Does this
> say anything to anybody?

Unfortunately not, as there is no information other than that Samba
died.  At the very least, we need information on what caused it, the
last log messages, and any backtrace that was created.

If the bug is reproducible, then we need to attach gdb and see where it
is.  See the 'panic action' for details.

Andrew Bartlett

Andrew Bartlett                                 abartlet at pcug.org.au
Manager, Authentication Subsystems, Samba Team  abartlet at samba.org
Student Network Administrator, Hawker College   abartlet at hawkerc.net