[Samba] Samba winbind secondary group problem

PIGNOL, Christian christian_pignol at merck.com
Thu Jan 22 15:54:09 GMT 2004

Hello,

I have a similar problem with a RH9 using the kernel 2.4.20-20.9.1 with ACL
patchs. I have updated some source (/include/linux/limits.h and
/include/asm/param.h) to increase the maximum number of groups value before
compiling this kernel.

My samba is the 3.0.1-2 (compiled with "--with-winbind --with-acl-support")

when the windows domain users try to access (just the "net use") the samba
share everything is OK ... In the Acl of this share whe have some linux
equivalent to the classical windows permissions "Everyone read" ...

But ... whe a specific user try to create/update/delete a file in this share
he receive the "Access Denied" message !
However this user in included in a Domain Global Group and this group is
also included in the Acl !

Do you have solve your first problem ? If yes could you send me your
solution ?

Any help for my problem would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards.

Christian PIGNOL
* (+33) 473 67 62 96
* (+33) 473 67 61 29