[Samba] Re: PDC upgrade Fedora core 1 / Samba version 3.0.0-15

Mark gmane at tippingmar.com
Tue Jan 20 23:06:07 GMT 2004

<rmillisl at millis-it.com> wrote in message
news:1329.192.168.0.24.1074185677.squirrel at webmail.millis-it.com...
> I just finished upgrading my PDC to Fedora core 1 with Samba version
> 3.0.0-15 and I am having a few problems.
>
> I see from
> http://www.samba.org/samba/docs/man/upgrading-to-3.0.html#id2969141 that
> the "domain admin group" and "vfs options" were removed.

> Is there functional replacements for these? I was using the wheel group
> for administrative purposes and was also using the network recycle folder.

Assign a unix group to the ntgroup as follows:
net groupmap modify ntgroup="Domain Admins" unixgroup=wheel

See if it worked with the command:
net groupmap list

Put the following in the share definition:
vfs objects = recycle
I've never used this so I don't know any more.

> Even with these items commented out my roaming profiles have stopped
> working and I am getting the "Invalid combination of parameters for
> service profile. Level II oplocks can only be set if oplocks are also
> set." error.

When I upgrade to Fedora, my roaming profiles wouldn't load correctly
because there was a bad character in the filename for floppy disk in the
"Send to" folder.  I think it was the "1/2" in 3 1/2" floppy, that got
messed up because of Fedora's use of UTF or something.  Anyway, I just
deleted these from the profiles and they started working again.  Who really
needs to send anything to a floppy anyway?

If you don't want oplocks, then set both of the following in the share
definition:

oplocks = False
level2 oplocks = False

Since they are True by default, you can't turn oplocks off without also
turning level2 oplocks off.

Mark