[Samba] Filename for printing?

William Enestvedt William.Enestvedt at jwu.edu
Tue Jan 20 15:38:20 GMT 2004

Ken D'Ambrosio wrote:

> The jobname gives me:
>
> For websites:  the URL (which is great)
> For apps (eg. Word): "Microsoft" (which is less great)

   It's definitely in the way you qute the directive for Filename in your "print command" entry in smb.conf. I use this:
-----start smb.conf snippet-----
print command = /usr/local/bin/spr -P test_queue +no-banner +header "%J" %s
------end smb.conf snippet------
   (The spr command is part of the Xi-Text print management software I use.)
   If you plan to use this for the names of the PDFs you generate, beware of the spaces and/or slashes that the "J%" string will contain, as well as the useless "Microsoft"'s that every Office print job will have.
-wde
--
Will Enestvedt
UNIX System Administrator