[Samba] Samba Backup Printserver

Carsten Büchner carsten.buechner at edag.de
Tue Jan 20 10:28:56 GMT 2004

Hi all,

I have set up two print servers with cups and samba 3.0.1.
One of the samba servers is active and serves the windows clients.

If the active server crashes (by hard- or software) I want to be able to make
the other samba server active and act as the crashed samba server within minutes.

Due to the fact that installing the windows printer drivers on samba takes a
long time ( belonging to the amount of printers), is there a way to "clone" the
information in the tdb-files from one samba-server to the other?

Thanks in advamce for replying.

With best regards,
Carsten
--
Carsten Buechner
EDAG-Wolfsburg        | Phone:    +49-05361-799181
38444 Wolfsburg       | eMail:    cb3008 at edag.de