FW: [Samba] Problem updating/creating files with winbind and a wi n2k box

Harmon, Leigh lharmo02 at harris.com
Mon Jan 19 23:50:41 GMT 2004

It appears that whenever the winbind process is running on my Solaris 8 machine,
I can't perform a long listing of the test share that I created (that is local
on the Solaris machine).  However, if I turn the winbind process off, then I can
get the results of a long listing (ls -l).

Also, when winbindd is running, it is eating up about 45% of the CPU.  I have
double checked the linking of the winbind libraries, my nsswitch.conf file, and
made sure that nscd is not running.  I can successfully run wbinfo -t, wbinfo
-u, wbinfo -g, getent passwd, and getent group.  I do not have a ld.config file
if that is a problem.  It would seem that winbind checks the local winbind_idmap
database and then returns the correct UID information associated with a file
almost instantly.

Nsswitch.conf
passwd: files winbind
shadow: files
group:  files winbind

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!