[Samba] Need Samba printing help

Mark Fowle mark at thefowles.com
Mon Jan 19 21:45:59 GMT 2004

The printer is a Lexmark E323 network laser printer -

In the smb.conf file I have:
[global]
.
.
.
   printcap name = cups
   load printers = yes
   use client driver = no
   disable spoolss = no
   printing = cups
   printer admin = @printadmin
   show add printer wizard = yes
.
.
.
### Shared Section ###
.
.
[printers]
   comment = All Printers
   path = /var/spool/cups
   browseable = no
   guest ok = yes
   writable = no
   printable = yes
   public = yes
   read only = no

[print$]
   path = /etc/samba/drivers
   browseable = yes
   guest ok = yes
   read only = yes
   write list = root, @printadmin
[E323]
 comment = E323 Test laser printer
 path = /var/spool/samba/E323
 printer name = E323
 writable = yes
 public = yes
 printable = yes
 print command = lpr-cups -P %p -o raw %s -r
 printer admin = root, @printadmin

# A useful application of samba is to make a PDF-generation service
# To streamline this, install windows postscript drivers (preferably
colour)
# on the samba server, so that clients can automatically install them.

[pdf-generator]
   path = /var/tmp
   guest ok = No
   printable = Yes
   comment = PDF Generator (only valid users)
   #print command = /usr/share/samba/scripts/print-pdf file path
win_path recipient IP &
   print command = /usr/share/samba/scripts/print-pdf %s ~%u