[Samba] pam_winbind for mail server

greaneyr at inspire.net.nz greaneyr at inspire.net.nz
Mon Jan 19 08:40:01 GMT 2004

I'm using pam_winbind to authenticate users on my mailserver. The problem
I'm having is that it authenticates ANY user who has an account on the NT
server. I don't want every single user to have a mail account, and it would
appear very simple to just put all mail users into a new group on the NT
Server if they require a mail account (say "Mail Users" for example). This
would work if Winbind filtered based on NT group membership.

Does such a function exist anywhere in winbind?

Can it be set though that 'getent passwd' only returns the user info of all
local users on the Linux machine and those who are in a particular group on
the NT server?

Regards
Richard