[Samba] win2k wont join domain; tried everything

Nathan Brown agent2 at sentinelc0de.net
Mon Jan 19 07:01:30 GMT 2004

I have a fresh installation of Windows 2000. I added the machine account
to the samba server but no matter what I do, I can't get it to join the
domain.

I believe the problem lies with my samba server. The new "net" commandis
very confusing to me and I believe I messed something up.I am now unable
to login with the root user no matter what; which is required for loggin
Win2K into a domain.

I have done all of the "obvious" things such as "smbpasswd -a root", etc.

What i really want to know is where all the setting are stored for the
"net" command and just clear it all out and start over. And maybe the list
of steps required to get this working (domain logon) as i can not find any
recent info thats very comprehendable.