[Samba] samba3 win2k roaming profiles.

John H Terpstra jht at samba.org
Sun Jan 18 02:27:03 GMT 2004

Nathan,

Workstation default user profiles go in:
	C:\Application and User Defaults\'username'

Roaming profiles go in:

logon path/'username'

ie: If "logon path = \\server\profiles"

Fred's profile will go in \\server\profiles\fred

If the UNIX path for the [profiles] share is: /home/profiles
Fred's profile under UNIX will be in /home/profiles/fred

Note: You must create the directory 'fred' under the profile share because
Samba does not automatically do that for you. If the directory does not
exist, the profile will not be saved.

Cheers,
John T.

--