[Samba] smbldap-tools 8.3 populate errors

Curtis Grote cgrote at memhosp.com
Fri Jan 16 20:16:42 GMT 2004

I downloaded the new 8.3 (tgz format) ldap-tools from IDEALX today. When I
run the smbldap-populate script I receive an error that it cannot find the
smbldap_tools.pm file. This file was not included in the tar file. If I
use the tools file from the samba 3.0.2pre1 distribution it is then expecting
the old smbldap_conf.pm file which has now been split in favor of the
/etc/smbldap-tools config. I do not know if the populate script is broken
or a 'tools' file should have been included in the distro.

(I did run configure.pl prior to trying to populate).

Curtis Grote
Memorial Hospital