[Samba] Auto printer dirver install for windows client

Mogens Kjaer mk at crc.dk
Fri Jan 16 16:04:20 GMT 2004

Sundaram Ramasamy wrote:
> Edd,
>
> Thanks for your information. I am not clear about this part can you give
> some more information on this statment.
>
> ===============
> Go into the Printers folder
>
>>on the Server, select File > Server Properties, then upload the drivers
>
> and
>
>>associate them with the printer in the dialogue boxes that come up
>
> =============
>
> Where will I do this on Linux machine? How will I upload the driver to Linux
> machine?

You won't do this on the Linux machine (difficult), do it
on the windows machine instead.

Open Network Neighborhood and find your server there.

You'll see a list of available shares and printers, don't
select the printers here! Instead, open the "Printers" folder,
right-click on the printer in question, and select proporties.

There you can add drivers and associate already loaded drivers with
the printer.

Mogens

Phone: +45 33 27 53 25, Fax: +45 33 27 47 08
Email: mk at crc.dk Homepage: http://www.crc.dk