[Samba] samba 3.0.0-2, XP pro and network shares

Kalkoul Morad m-kalkoul at arte-tv.com
Fri Jan 16 15:53:34 GMT 2004

Hi EveryBody,

On my network , I have hosts in W98 SE and a server which shares
directory on my network. This server belongs to a domain A managed by a
2000 pro with an active directory. W98 hosts belongs to a wrokgroup and
reach without problem to this share and it can launch exe from this
share.

Recently, I set up a domain B in samba 3.0.0-2. New hosts are in Windows
XP Pro Sp1 and belong to this domain samba. When I connect under these
xp hosts , with a simple user to domain, If I want an EXE  from the shre
network below as an local admin , obviously, It says me that it isn't
possible to open a session : login unknown or non correct password. If I
use a login known by the server which share the directory, it doesn't
run correctly at the end I have this message : refused access. However I
didn't touch to the server configuration. Maybe this is a approuved
relationship  problem ?

Thanks in advance, Mo