[Samba] administrative office 2003 installation on samba 3.0.1

Alexander Muth alexander.muth at gmx.de
Fri Jan 16 10:38:19 GMT 2004

hi

I try do do an administative installation of office 2003 (office binarys
on the samba share) on samba 3.0.1.
The client is windows xp sp1. Evrything works fine, client installaion
is smooth, office applications are working fine
but all VisualBasic Parts of office 2003 are broken, not starting.
There are some error messages about vbe6.dll.

If I do the same administative installation on Windows2000 Server there
is absolute no Problem with VisualBasic in office 2003 client.

I tried some configurations with or without acl and diffrent oplock
settings but I get always a broken VisualBasic.

Has anyone else found this - is this a bug?

Your help would be gratefully received

Thanks

Alexander