[Samba] Monitoring Samba on Solaris with snoop

James Kreuziger jkreuzig at uci.edu
Thu Jan 15 18:12:47 GMT 2004

I trying to diagnose why my PDC is consistantly
unavailabe on an intermitant basis.  I've started to
run snoop (a packet sniffer) on my Samba server in
order to see what is going on.  Question is, what
am I looking for?  I'm running 2.2.8a on a Solaris 8
box.

Before you ask, I've tried everything, including
swapping network cables.  My PDC has been pretty
much intermittant for a few months now, rendering
it useless.  All other network sevices on the machine
which runs Samba work.

-Jim

Jim Kreuziger
jkreuzig at uci.edu