[Samba] Sometimes unable to browse w2k shares

Andy Helms andyhelms at lynay.org
Thu Jan 15 16:50:24 GMT 2004

We are also running into a problem similar to this.  We have a W2K
Workstation that is sharing a few folders, and sporadically, users cannot
connect to it.  We have a FC1 PDC, Samba 3.0.1, and the clients are Win98
and W2K.  The Win98 clients get an "Unknown Error 31", while the Win2K
Clients get either "The system cannot find message for message number 0x%1
in message file for %2.", or "Internal Windows 2000 error."

The problem is only occurring on one W2k Workstation.  Sometimes, I am able
to run "w32tm /s" from the w2k cli, and SOMETIMES that provides a fix, but
not all of the time.