[Samba] FW: Daemon error

mkiai mkiai at nse.co.ke
Thu Jan 15 05:26:03 GMT 2004

Hi,

I have configured Samba on a Solaris 9 machine. I intend to use shared
directories on the Solaris machine from Windows 95,98,2000, XP machines on
the windows 2000 network.

The samba daemon smbd will not start and returns an error 'bind failed on
port 139 socket_addr = 0.0.0.0. Error = Address already in use'. I have
searched for use of this address and no other process is using the address.
I have even removed the inetd.conf reference.

I am able to view the solaris-samba machine on the network neighbourhood.
However, when I try to access it authentication is required. How do I remove
the authentication requirement?

Mike Kiai,
Nairobi, Kenya.

Nairobi Stock Exchange Ltd