[Samba] Printer in Win2k

samba_list samba_list at terra.com.br
Wed Jan 14 17:09:14 GMT 2004

 Hi,

 There are two Win2k boxes on my network that are experiencing long
delays (more than 10 minutes) when someone try to print something on
my
Samba-shared printer.
 I´ve configured smb.conf with security = ads option.
 Below are some log file lines that report errors on the
authentication:

[2004/01/12 17:05:08, 1]
smbd/sesssetup.c:reply_spnego_kerberos(218)
Username FSADM02$ is invalid on this system
 [2004/01/14 10:28:49, 0]
lib/util_sock.c:get_socket_addr(919)
getpeername failed. Error was Transport endpoint is not connected

[2004/01/14 10:28:49, 0]
lib/util_sock.c:write_socket(413)
write_socket: Error writing 4 bytes to socket 16:
ERRNO = Connection reset by peer
Why is the station trying to log in using its
computer name instead of user ? Why all computers
on my network are working fine with Samba but these
two are not ?

Thanks for help.

Lindolfo Rodrigues