[Samba] access samba member server from trusted domain

Borsos Zoltán zoltan.borsos at siemens.com
Wed Jan 14 07:24:23 GMT 2004

Hi all,

the samba server is a _member_ of DOMA. The windows client is in DOMB.
There is a two way trust between the domains.
With a client in DOMA samba works fine.
If I configure security=server I can find in "Search Computer" the samba but
I can't access it with
windows error 67.
If I configure security=domain I can not find it, but I can access it with
"net use".

Is there anybody with a lot of experience working samba in trusted
enviroment.

The basic smb.conf looks like :

[global]

   workgroup = DOMA
   netbios name = testdebi
   server string = Samba Server for TESTDEBI

   load printers = no
   log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
   max log size = 100

   security = server
   password server = 1.2.3.4

   encrypt passwords = yes
   allow trusted domains = yes

   local master = no
   domain master = no
   wins server = 1.2.2.5
   wins proxy = no
   dns proxy = no

==============================
[homes]
   comment = Home Directories
   browseable = no
   writable = yes
   valid users = %S
   create mode = 0664
   directory mode = 0775
# If you want users samba doesn't recognize to be mapped to a guest user

[testshare]
   comment = Teszt share
   path = /home/czollli/samba
   public = no