[Samba] adding printers from netlogon script

Andrew Gaffney agaffney at skylineaero.com
Wed Jan 14 07:13:00 GMT 2004

John H Terpstra wrote:
> On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 juanjo.carel at ono.com wrote:
>

>>I don't know the final answer BUT if you have something simmilar to a
>>cyber-cafe LAN (I mean, users use all the computers, and maybe some
>>users come back to login with the same name) then you have to install a
>>printer only once in a computer, loging as the administrator and
>>installing drivers. Then what users will have to do is JUST add the
>>printer without installing. I know that it's possible to add a printer
>>(already installed) in this kind of LAN, because I've seen it (not
>>because of any Micro$oft KB). SO if you have the printer already
>>installed you would have only got to put something like this line:
>>net use \\printerserver\printer
>>but not this one because I've not really tried and I know it's not this
>>exact command for sure.
>

> Correct. So long as the drive is already installed users can map printers
> on logon.

So, does anyone what the command to just map the printer is? The driver is already
installed on these computers. This is a JetDirect device that was setup on all the boxes.
I changed it around so that the computers map to a printer share on my Samba PDC that
connects to the JetDirect. My command was giving me the "Access denied".

--
Andrew Gaffney
System Administrator