[Samba] Question regarding user or group quantity limits

PIGNOL, Christian christian_pignol at merck.com
Tue Jan 13 16:11:55 GMT 2004

Well,

It seems that I have exactly the same problem with my Samba 2.2.7a-8.9.0
(Redhat 9.0) !

I have ... around ... 60000 users and 140000 groups !

The "getent passwd" command don't show me all the existing users but around
10000 and the "getent group" command take a very long time but seems to be
active ! When I redirect in a groups.txt file the result of the "getent
group", the size of this file regularely grow ... But ... Very very slowly !

Have you receive a respons to your question ? I'm very interrested.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Best regards

Christian PIGNOL