[Samba] Creation of Domain- and PDC-SID in samba

Michael Gasch gasch at eva.mpg.de
Tue Jan 13 12:49:38 GMT 2004

 > Usualy I setup samba with tdbsam and run net getlocalsid.

but isn't this the way to retrieve the DOMAINSID for [NAME] ??

this is what i did, but i have to change the sid, because now, there 2
PDC's in my network (different DOMAINS) with the same SID

okay, i could change it, but where do i know, that the manually changed
SID is unique in my network?

that's the problem
did you switch you old PDC off, when you introduced your samba PDC in
you DOMAIN ?

or do you have now 2 PDC's in your network with the _same_ SID?

thx&greez

--

          "Matrix - more than a vision"

Michael Gasch