[Samba] Please Help!! need samba 2.2.7 server to use ldap

Jason Gray jgray at bardelanimation.com
Mon Jan 12 23:36:01 GMT 2004

I have two servers running samba 2.2.7a and require them to join and use an
LDAP passwd backend.  My domain controller is running Samba 3.0 and OpenLdap
2.0.27 as the passwd backend.

The two servers have joined the domain but for some reason they are not
using the LDAP backend.

[global]
        workgroup = SOMEDOMAIN
        netbios name = BD4
        server string =
        security = DOMAIN
        encrypt passwords = Yes
        null passwords = yes
        password server = ldapsam:ldap://dc2.somedomain.ca
        log level =3
        log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
        max log size = 0
        preferred master = No
        local master = No
        domain master = No
        dns proxy = No
#        hosts allow = 192.168.1.
        interfaces = eth0
        #include = /etc/samba/smb.conf.%m

Can anyone suggest a solution?  I can use smbclient from the command line to
open the share but it only works as anoymous.  If I try to use a password I
get this error:

session setup failed: NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE

Any ideas would be great...

THanks

Jason