[Samba] Learning smb.conf file

Hunter, Jess JHunter at SPFLDSPARC.ORG
Mon Jan 12 21:45:36 GMT 2004

I have just started playing around with Samba and have run into a mental
block / learning hurdle

Here is what I have

I have a WinNT box that acts as a PDC for a domain (mydomain for the sake of
this post). Within 'mydomain' I have several workgroups (wg1, wg2, wg3, etc)

Now here is where I get confused. I am trying to set up the Samba Server so
it will work as follows

[general]
this will be for all the general stuff which everyone in the domain can see

[wg1]
this item will only accessible by those in the wg1 workgroup

[wg2]
this item will only accessible by those in the wg2 workgroup

and so on.

Any assistance on this would be greatly appreciated

Jess

---