[Samba] Windows briefcase on samba share

MAL mal at komcept.com
Mon Jan 12 17:06:35 GMT 2004

Trying to create a windows briefcase from Windows XP, on a read/write
samba share does not work.  Instead of a briefcase "special" icon, you
get a standard folder.  Inside it is a desktop.ini and a file with the
same name as the directory.

Much googling has turned up nothing but a few posts saying "make the
folder read only".  Windows creates the folder as read only anyway, so
I'm stuck.

I read a post saying it was something to do with profiles.  I don't know
any more than that, can someone shed light?

Cheers,
MAL