[Samba] Windows 2000 share invisible to SaMBa

Herve Fache herve.fache at europemail.com
Mon Jan 12 11:13:24 GMT 2004

Hi!

I have a small domain at home, and use sharing to backup directories. I have the following problem: my wife's 'My Documents' is exported on her Win2k machine and visible/accessible on my WinXP machine, at least when logged in as a domain user. But neither smbtree nor smbclient can 'see' it, even when run as smbroot. I can mount it alright though, and I have quadruple-checked the permissions: everything looks ok... I was hoping that switching to samba 3 would bring a fix but no: it's still not appearing... Any clues?

Please cc me in any answers to the list as I am not registered...

Thanks!
Hervé.