[Samba] syncing file dates between windows nt4 and samba 3.0

Dan Shadix dshadix at trhs.org
Sat Jan 10 18:32:29 GMT 2004

If you are just trying to backup the files from NT
to SAMBA, I'd use xcopy /m instead.  /m copies
files with the archive attribute set, and then
turns off the archive attribute.  That way you
don't have to worry about the dates.

Dan

>Kristian Rink schrieb:
>
>> workstations which at night run xcopy /d to copy
files from the

>> files or directories I am copying there - if
they already exist on the
>> samba machine, they're obviously updated, but
their timestamp doesn't

>> After playing around with dos filetime and fake
directory create
>> filetimes without any success: Can anyone
enlighten me in this topic?