[Samba] Domain group not working in valid users

Kenneth Porter ken.blacklist at sewingwitch.com
Sat Jan 10 00:05:20 GMT 2004

Using samba-3.0.0-15 on Fedora Core 1.

I have a group "Electronics Testing" on my Win2k AD server and added this
to a share in my smb.conf:

valid users = @"electronics testing"

A user in this group is unable to connect. A local user added to valid
users is able to connect, so other share settings look ok. I see this in
the log:

[2004/01/09 13:38:00, 10] lib/username.c:user_in_list(508)
  user_in_list: checking user |samba| against |@electronics testing|
[2004/01/09 13:38:00, 5] lib/username.c:user_in_netgroup_list(307)
  Unable to get default yp domain

The group exists and I can see it with "wbinfo -g", and I can see the group
listed in the test user's group list.

Any idea what's going wrong?

I want to allow the Win2k admin to control who has access to this share, so
I don't have to create local accounts for all the people who need access.

--
Kenneth Porter
http://www.sewingwitch.com/ken/